Followers

11/15/2004

On Reading Keats

This kan't be true
Is there more gutsy folk then I and Keats?
Should I just skip Endymion then and jump right to Hyperion?
What a fellow was I
To profess my love in public to a hated woman!
Fair one, fair one;
Be ye she, thou, whom I canst not have?
The one whom teases from me such brittle feelings
-that even next week I am quite relieved
--to discover my profession of love
--my honest opinion
--my weasled gentle caress
-have not forced thy disdain hereupon?
That I smile and form your
Beautiful eyes canst make out
A faint whispering amiability
Though confused between spirit and physics
Who else will lay my subtle influence thereupon

I wonder if Faust ought have considered
Asking the Lord
To help him recover
A humble downtrodden street urchin
Risking all manner of personal crises
To wisk and wisp away
Turning urchin into lady, proud and welcome
O Faust, I have no wonder ye lost yer mind
I nearly did, though the better way was mine!
May lord bless her and I
May he bless us together still
May the widows stone be not cast against us!

No comments: