Followers

11/17/2004

Conversations: Taliesin 1

[Zak draws an imaginary circle with his index to the earth
lights four candles beginning with one set upon the chair
serving as an East altar.]
Z: Taliesin.
T: Hello. I hope you like my old song of love you know.
-- "Once upon a day of reckoning,
-- I sold the world to beckoning. "
-- Hello, Zak. How are you?
Z: Yet again with love unrequite.
T: I see; you should tell me about her.
Z: Blonde and blue; fair and true.
T: I see; beautiful. How shall I give thee help?
Z: I wish to enrapture her,
-- For she loves a spirit I've captured
-- But denies her love to me.
T: I see; quite unusual.
Z: I had her at the brink, but I did not perform on time.
T: I see, now; she given up?
Z: Just friends again.
T: I see; you want more.
-- OK, just keep her near and give her flowers
-- Tell her she's beautiful, your world.
-- And don't ever give up and be ready next time.
Z: Well I need assurance to be brave
-- And wisdom to know when it's time.
T: I see; anytime now,
-- Just be ready and now is best.
Z: I need a job and such.
T: I see; well go for a good lot and settle her down by you.
-- And look deep in her eyes to say, I love you.
-- Go right away, post haste and do not belie her smile.
Z: I should pray for her gentle hand.
T: I think thee wise to ask her hand
-- And fast while she knows your intention is thine own.
-- Your ambition is amourous kinship.
Z: My ambition is desperate embrace!
T: Take thee twenty million flowers
-- And lay them at her feet
-- Never tell her no and always be true.
Z: What if she finds another?
T: Then what will happen to you?
Z: I feel though I may die, as Keats, of a broken heart!
T: Well, then; do not leave her. Treat her as your life.
-- Never give up and protect thy interest forever and ever
-- By taking her hand in thine.
-- And bring her song and wine
-- And roses. Never say die.
-- Always look her straight in the eye.
-- And never let a day be passed
-- When through your lips first and last
-- Twixt has not passed,
-- "I love you with all my heart,"
-- In honest transfixation.
Z: What of her love of old
-- Who treated her as though he owned
-- And left her weekly
-- As she fraught meekly
-- While he betrayed her trust.
-- Though she thinks him the one forever;
-- Though I've conviced her it must be lie.
-- But now I've set her up to think
-- It's a spirit in me I stole from him:
-- The cloak of Mannanan with Volkey
-- (Her love's spirit name) trapped inside!
T: Well, quite a fix you're in old Keats.
-- Methinks you a fool for trying such tricks,
-- But they work by-the-by,
-- Though her true love you might be.
-- To convince her then that it's you and she forever:
-- You must never let her down,
-- Never see her frown,
-- Set upon her head the golden crown
-- Of love beknown,
-- And shout the truth with renown
-- To the whole town.
-- And any else just knock him down
-- With fury and flail
-- Him with fists of mighty gale.
Z: I have no heart for battle thus!
-- Just a wuss
-- With poetic ambition and love in my heart!
T: Well, go ye then to a tavern and cry
-- For to be a man means to try
-- To end the life of anyone who would try
-- To take thy life
-- And thus thy hopeful wife!
Z: Summon me courage then, old friend.
-- Talk to for me to the Four Furies.
T: That is thy own will.
-- It shall not be a sugar pill.
Z: Then I will beat him down and go to jail
-- And forever loose my precious nightingale.
T: Never nas faught a battle right
-- Where summoned courage did not delight
-- The amourous pleasance of such a vexing wight
-- Who wears the crest of midnight upon her breast.
-- Lightning fury thee must divest,
-- Lest ye find her resting upon his chest.
Z: I thank thee old friend for your selfless vestitude.
T: May you be strong in your attitude.
-- Do not fear:
-- Your love will turn to hate if the old one is near.
-- Take care, God and Goddess bless.
-- May ye now find blissful rest.

No comments: