Followers

4/25/2007

Stone and Tea

The philosopher's stone
Has been with me so long
And so strong
That I don't know what to write and pass

I pass that which has little meaning
And bring that which has further being
Beyond my existence
I see few but quibbles
Passing teas and other simples
But know not of their meaning
Nor their quaff
In their ideas lie pebbles of laugh
Laughing at their quibbles and quarry
For simple people only worry
Wonder what might have come
What might have become
May have become half
Because of their needless story
Without needless story
Their apartment would be half
Wood be half
Their n'alf would wither and crush
Under weight its own
It's known, chase and flush
The young girl's cheeks to blush
Let her know your love is unpassing
And love hers to thee is glassing
To brittleness is thrashing
And to bull in shop is crashing

No comments: